Sunday, April 12, 2009

a strange thing happened on the way to...


I was driving. Minding my own business, when I was delighted to see something that just struck me as peculiar (Pardon the finger shadows - I was driving 70 miles an hour at the time):







Yup, that's a basketball goal in the back of a truck. But that wasn't necessarily the part that made me watch in wonder... What caught my eye was that the net part was flying out behind it like a wind sock! I have seen basketball goals lying down on the ground and I have seen basketball goals folded back into the rafters of gymnasiums, but I have never seen a basketball goal lying down with the net still so neatly round as if waiting for that perfect jump shot. It was fascinating - at least to me. Plus, I kept wondering if I pulled in front of it and tossed something out the window if it would be at all possible to score 2 points...

No comments: