Friday, November 6, 2009

Limbo...

I know I haven't been posting in a really long time. That's because I've been lost. That's not always a bad thing. There have been a few times in my relatively short life when I was scared at being lost & alone. However, most times, I find it exhilarating. This has been one of my longer, rougher, stumbles through the woods, but I saw things I never would have noticed otherwise.

I spent several months (years?) walking along, putting one foot in front of the other. It was a rather enjoyable stroll. Then, this spring, I looked up for the first time in a very long time to see where I was... and realized I was lost. It's funny how everything is perfectly okay right up until the moment your mind registers that you don't know where you are. One minute you're ambling along between points A & B, and the next you're "lost" and disoriented and slightly panicked.

My favorite thing about being lost? The fact that it is the best opportunity you will ever have to change your mind about where you want to go and which path (if any) you want to take to get there. I changed course and decided to plunge into the underbrush and see where I popped out.

And here I am.

Not sure where "here" is exactly. I think I'm someplace on the road between Heartbreak and Salvation. I've decided to leave the road again and just strike out through woods til I find a deer trail or an old logging road and see where it leads. I'm going to try and do more writing and try keep this online journal updated a little more often - whenever I take a break from my little adventure.

No comments: