Monday, February 8, 2010

Unfinished hymns...


Just a few Bits & Bobs that I never did anything with. Maybe they aren't actually unfinished, maybe they are simple truths that tried to trick me into thinking they were bigger & complicated. Maybe they are snapshots of a moment that can never be elaborated on.




To be Alone
or not to Be.

Standing in a winter field
Listening to the icy silence
In that crystalline moment
You find your Existence.

s.m.



I don't want to be here
and I hate the smell of fear

s.m.

I dig at my wounds with my pen
Write these words with my blood

s.m.

Bury me in a shallow grave
so the wild things may find me
Bury me in a shallow grave
so the earth, it will not bind me

s.m.

He has had his pound of flesh
Drank his cup of blood
Why add twenty seven tears
To an ebbing flood?

s.m.

I tripped a Star
just to watch it fall

s.m.

I guess there's a first time for everything
the second time around!
Ever notice when you're falling
you're feet don't touch the ground?

s.m.

What if I left?
Shed my life
as though it were a skin too tight.

s.m.

I worry there is no Other Half,
no Missing Piece,
only the Jagged Edge.

southern martyr
2-8-2010


No comments: